Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Friday, September 8, 2023

Another crack at the firewall

 Well, the old tart arrived with a whopping butt ugly square shaped cut made in the firewall. I can only surmise that somebody tried to locate the steering shaft in the vicinity and gave up. 



There were two distinct cuts back then, and since then I trimmed it away to make one larger cut. I showed Peter what needed to be done and I suggested I would break out the new hammer and dolly kit and knock a new piece of plate into shape, but Peter said that would take forever and offered this solution.
















Well, not the most elegant solution, but definitely the most avant-garde. 

I had a long think about his solution and decided (while I boiled an egg) that nup, that has to go.

He was right about it taking a while to shape up a new piece, but since this is quite visual from inside the firewall engine bay, it has to look nice. 















This is where I am at. I'm having a crack at welding this one myself over the weekend. Couple of magnets with metal plate holding it in place for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...