Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Sensational Mar-K Tub arrives! Check out how well this thing is packed!

 After an incredibly long wait (over 9 months), the Mar-K f100 bed/ tub has arrived. As usual, i wasn't here to receive it due to work committments, but my wife was home, and I was glad of this, because my instructions said if nobody was home, please leave it on the front porch. 

I mean, I knew it was gonna be big, but wasn't expecting how heavy it was, and I certainly wasn't expecting it to arrive on its own pallet. I was blown away when I started opening the boxes. This thing had been packed within a separate wooden framework to protect it all the way from USA to Australia. And it certainly did protect it. The tub arrived in perfect condition. 

Just check out the packing on this thing! 



Check out the cardboard! 





Well, here is something quite hilarious!
I wanted to get some bolts to fit up that big transmission inspection plate thing in the cab. I was sick and tired of stuff falling through the cab, so I dug into my trusty bolt kit for something to fit and came up with one bolt. I needed 16.
Anyway, I got on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum and asked the folks on there whether they knew the real size of the bolts. Someone told me i needed 8/32 UNC bolts, so I ordered a pack of them for $20.
They arrived the other day.
This is what happened.
The long screw at the bottom is the only one that fits this plate. This puny screw above it is an example of what they sent me.
Um, nup. That ain't gonna work.  After that, I ended up getting a tap and die set and rethreading the holes and the capture nut underneath








1 comment:

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...