Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Monday, March 25, 2024

Day three of paint stripping. Boy, am I getting tired!

 Three solid days worth of stripping and sanding and what not else has finally produced this result


They're looking pretty reasonable so far. Still have the inside of one fender to finish and that is everything except for the rear guards which I won't be stripping as they are fibreglass. So, I am guessing a fairly gentle paper on those. I also have the tub to strip as well. It has some kind of excellent zinc coating on it, and I am wondering whether it needs to completely come off? 

edit:

Well, I was just reading this article from the manufacturer's website and they provide specific and clear instructions as to how to tackle the tub. Basically you rub with solvent, wash with detergent, rub down again (don't these guys know we have actual lives to get on with?) and then hit with fine sandpaper up to 240 grit. What could be easier? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...