Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Just so new to spray painting and it shows

 I've sprayed a couple of guards and things with 2k primer with good results. However, when I hit the cabin, the results were disappointing to say the least. I don't know whether it was because it was a 34c day or whether I didn't mix the paint properly or whether the regulator was not functioning properly or even whether I should have added reducer or maybe there was leftover primer in the gun from the last time. 

Bottom line is the paint went on poorly. I was getting a very small spraying jet and the compressor kept whistling at me, which I took for it being over pressurised. 

I am certain I had it set at 40 psi the last time, but reading a few online notes, discovered 40 is probably way too high. I actually dropped the pressure to 30 and the whislting warning thing almost subsided, but it didnt't stop the shoddy job. Add to the misery, the gun started leaking about half way through the job, and I was getting really frustrated by the whole experience by then. I pulled the needle out and retightened it and that seemed to take care of the leaking, but I had basically finished the first coat and it had taken me a solid couple of hours to get that far, when really it should have taken me a quarter of that time. 



I guess it's not such a huge deal as it's only the first coat of primer, and at least it covers the bare metal, saving it from rusting away. Gotta say, that right had dash is looking not too shabby from this angle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...