Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Gotta love shit that doesn't fit!

 I was advised by the sales guy at the Performance Warehouse shop that the Cal Custom crossmember would be suitable for my truck using a C4 Auto. 

Here is a screen shot of their website selling and advising same

It says C4. Now, even though my truck is a 56, the width between the rails is the same. 
so what is the big deal? 
This:
Notice something? Yup, that ain't gonna fit in a month of Sundays.  The C4 transmission mount is correct, but there ain't no way this diabolical thing is gonna fit. And that kinda pisses me off, because I coughed up big dollars for this f*****g thing. 

The only thing I can do is cut that whole section off there and weld a new piece of plate onto it. 


The bottom mount was the home made jobby that came off the truck. I wasn't that happy with how it had crappy welds holding nuts in between the rail, and one nut even broke away as I was undoing the crossmember. I knocked all the nuts free and ran four high tensile bolts through the plate. Will probably add spacers between the steel and reuse the whole deal. At least it fits. 

Two weeks laters...

Brendan from X Piggy took the mount and fabbed up a new plate to fit the mount. Looks a million bucks. Have a geezer.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...