Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Friday, January 26, 2024

Reinforcing the tailgate with some steel pipe

 Off to Bunnings again to raid the steel section.  Took a few trips to find the ideal piece. 

Notice the hinge snug inside the pipe? Well, it doesn't sit snug in the tailgate, I can tell you.  Flops around like a piece of poo on a fluffy dog's bum. 
A couple of inches each side cut and welded in place takes care of any looseness. 
Here is a picture pre-weld stage. 

Sure aint purdy, but the sleeve fits nicely and now the hinge sits snug. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...