Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Friday, April 5, 2024

Not feeling the love at the moment...

 


Ever have those moments where you just take a step back and assess where everything is going? Like, where your life is going, and also where your priorities in life are leading you? 

Yeah, I'm having one of those moments. A moment that has been lasting quite a while now. And it's mostly about the truck, and where it is going, or not going.

Life just gets too overwhelming sometimes and you just have to take that big step back from things. I am the first to admit that I have thrown the towel in too many times with vehicles, and some of them I really should have kept and persisted with. But I don't think this truck is really worth the effort. 

I know I have come a long way, but there is still a hell of a long way to go. My deadline was to get the truck on the road for the 2025 Hot Rod Nationals in Bendigo. I have less than twelve months to get there. And as I stand back and survey the old girl, I am thinking...nah, not a chance. 

This week Blake is coming over to weld in the engine mount plates. That might just be enough to inspire me to continue. I'm very nervous about the fitment as I want to get the engine and transmission up under the cabin without surgery to the cabin floor, and I won't really rest until we do. He was wanting to come over this Friday, but I had to work. Judging by the threatening weather event  I probably should have stayed off the road instead of my usual 100 minutes each way drive. 

Once we get the engine in place, I will be booking it in for a rebuild. 

A lot of this stuff takes time, but it seems the last three months everything has more or less hit a brick wall. I know it isn't true; it just feels that way. Sometimes I look back at old videos I have taken of the truck and it makes me realise I have come a long way in a fairly short time. Here is an example:




My wife is probably right. She said I will feel happier once the engine has been built and fitted up and running in the truck. Everything else after that will probably fall into place...
Only time will tell.
The main thing I need to do now is just get home safely...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...