Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Modifications to Tuff Mounts design to suit 351 Cleveland into 1956 F100

 Blake, from BW Fabrication, fabbed up some nice 6mm plates to allow the Clevo to be welded to the chassis of the f100. The universal kit that Tuff Mounts supply doesn't go anywhere near being long enough to allow the engine and the mounts to harmonise together. But thanks to Blake, this is all about to change.

A pity that he didn't quite make it in time to weld the whole deal together before the engine went off to get rebuilt, but that just means the boys at the workshop might be able to weld them in while they are fitting the engine back into the bay. If not, I'll get Blake to come back and weld them in. Trust me, one look at my welding and you'll understand why I won't be doing it.

The plates follow the same contours of the original plates, but have been extended quite a long way. They are definitely going to get trimmed by at least a good few inches. You will notice there is a tacked piece of plate top and bottom of the side plates and both Blake and I thought that would be necessary as a reinforcement of the unit due to its significant length.

Gotta say, I think they look great! Can't wait to get them fitted up, but by that time, the engine should be running!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...