Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Saturday, June 18, 2022

1954 f100 Retrospective. March 2016. Changing the spring shackles - a dumb move!

 One of the dumbest and most useless mods I made to the truck involved replacing the spring shackles with crappy aftermarket units which I bought from MidFifty.com. Just about every item I have purchased from this company has been of exceptional quality, but these shackles were thin and low grade and resemble something you would find on a cheap Chinese disposable truck. In hindsight I should have just tossed them in the rubbish bin. But the reason I persisted was to get the rear of the truck to sit a little lower and make it look more balanced as it definitely sat up a bit too high in the rear. Did it achieve its aim? Well, to a fashion it did, but when I look back at it, and see the big heavy duty shackles that I cut out just to fit up these shitty ones, I can only believe I must have had rocks in my head. My brother came down to give me a hand installing them as it was definitely a two person operation. 

Anyway, my advise is; don't do it! It just isn't worth butchering those nice old solid shackles for this trash. 

Here's a photofest... 

This is a picture of the actual shackle. See how thin and crappy it is! 







Bloody thin, spindly things they were! Too late to go back to originals now. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...