Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Saturday, June 18, 2022

Dorothy out and about 2016

 I have always loved this photo! Here's a picture of the old girl on the roof of Shellharbour Square shopping centre. My oath this truck stuck out like you wouldn't believe, but I loved her. 

That large primered area on the front fender you see is courtesy of Montague Smash repairs who were supposed to do some work on the body for me, but instead, drove it into the fence and crashed it and had the gall to take the fender off and hide it from view when I went to pick the truck up. They never even started work on the truck and this was months later, and had no intention of doing so, and when I decided they were just wasting my time, went down to pick it up, only to find that the fender had been significantly caved in. At least they finally admitted it was their fault and promised they would fix it, which they did. I was massively disappointed in their attitude, because they did such a decent job of painting my Series 8 RX7 several year earlier for a very reasonable price. 

Here she is again at Vic's Extreme Car Electrics in Warrawong. This time getting her air conditioning lines hooked up. Vic was a big fan of the truck and said he was very impressed with how it all came together. I think he was also very happy with my fitting up of the air conditioning unit and all the ducting and hoses as well because all he had to to was connect the gas basically. 





Here's another one of my favourite photos. Dorothy waiting out in front of Warilla Automatics. I can't remember what they guys had to do with the truck now, but I think it had something to do with the resizing of the tailshaft. I think the yolk was out too much and the shaft had to be lengthened a fair bit, and I think these guys took it away and had it sorted for me. 

This photo below was taken around August 2016 I think. It was a voting day. Local election I think. Parked here on the side of the road outside Lake Illawarra High School she must have looked a sight and a half. Yes, that is my wife getting out of the truck. Must have been a bit of a chilly day. 


Below...Not sure why we were here. It might have been me inquiring about sandblasting. Can't remember. I think the area is North Wollongong.  Gotta love that fat butt! 

A beautiful day and a beautiful old girl. Here she is sunning herself by the lake. Lake Illawarra, circa November 2016. 
Check out the stickers! The old Don't Panic/ (and underneath it upside down is "Ok, Panic!") and next to that is the classic FSM Flying Spaghetti Monster, bless his noodliness! 
Much nicer than that though, is the very neatly created pinstriping around the recessed number plate section. You can see how nicely it came out in the picture above. Dunno who did it. It was like that when I bought it, along with the custom recessed tail lights that are from a Cadillac I'm thinking. 





And on that bright note, this is where we leave our tribute to my first F100. I loved working on the truck and sorely miss her, but I am looking forward to getting a '56 delivered within the next two weeks, so I hope you will stick around and follow the undoubted dramas that will unfold during that built. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...