Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Sneak Preview of Annabelle, our new 1956 F100 project truck!

 Well, hopefully, we're only a couple of weeks away from having this awesome monstrosity land on our doorstep! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. One thing is certain, the neighborhood will never think of me in the same way, that is a meek and mild librarian who has his head stuck in a book all day (myth number one about librarians, by the way). 

Fact is, she is NOT coming straight to my place. She will be doing a diversion to a workshop whereupon some welding and engine swapping work is being planned.  I don't have the provisions to perform such actions in my new place. If we still lived at our old address I guess it was possible, but not here. For one thing, we're situated on a decent slope of land and even though I have a decent garage space up the back, a fair bit of the preliminary work is going to be farmed out. 

Anyway, here she is in her current state awaiting her lift from Melbourne to New South Wales.


Let me tell you more about her. She is (of course) a 1956 Ford F100. She has been a project that the previous owner has been working on for a number of years and during that time has gathered some good quality panels from a number of trucks, not to mention a very significant list of new parts as well.  More about this later as it arrives. Friends, what you see is basically what I see and know. It has what appears to be a 351 Cleveland that is not running. It is mated to a C4 Auto. The truck has a Jaguar XJ6 IFS already fitted up. Soft mounted the way it should be. It also has an XD Falcon 9" rear end, disc brakes all around. The dash has (as far as I can tell) been completely converted to RHD. I can see bucket seats in the cabin. It has fibreglass guards all around which I am not a big fan of, but we get what we gets these days, and if they come back in stock, I will be ordering metal ones. 

I can see Cragar wheels shod with BF Goodrich Radial TA tires that look brand new. 

Well, unfortunately, that is all I have so far. In my next post I will talk about my hotrod engine swap that I have planned for the old girl. Stick around folks, this is just warming up! Of course, feel free to chip in anytime! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...