Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Friday, July 1, 2022

Ode to a Spring Washer

 Ode to a Spring Washer.

O' spring washer,

thy mighty tightener that grips my nuts.

How purposeful in design!

How natural in repose!

Who could conceive that little piggy tail curl 

can hold a heavy weighted world?

I suppose, 

I must reveal 

Belleville.

The Sunshine coast has the big pineapple, Coffs Harbour has the big banana, Robertson has the big potato and Goulburn has the big merino.  But what does Lake Illawarra have? The Big Spring Washer! What a great tribute to that 19th century French inventor, Julien Belleville!

Of course, if you walk up to this thing, you will see a little plaque that states the sculptor's intent was to recreate shapes that appear in nature. Um, okay. So Julien Belleville wasn't the inventor. This is wondrous creation of God! 'Cos, I've always wondered how it got there, as I didn't think the council put it there. The answer is, it came from the heavens above! A gift, for all of us! Rejoice! Just waiting for God to send down a matching bolt and nut. Any day now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...