Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Change of plans means the hotrod 302 Windsor has to go....

 You know that feeling when  you see something and you KNOW you just have to have it? Well, that was the feeling I got when I clapped eyes on this really old school looking vintage 302 Windsor engine which I bought from a guy on Facebook a couple of months ago. 302 Windsor. Stage one cam, AU Falcon heads, electronic ignition, hi volume oil pump. But the most eye catching thing of all was that magnificent Offenhauser tunnel ram manifold with twin 450 Holleys sitting on top. Man! I just had to own that. I'd even bought it before settling on a project. The truth be known, I had contemplated buying another model A coupe and giving it the old hotrod look, but when I thought about it, I knew those old things just didn't move me in the same way a pickup truck did, but of course before I bought the F100, I coughed up and bought the engine. 


And I mean, look at it! It is gorgeous! 

I gave it a squirt of paint, changed the leads, added a hi powered starter motor and then decided (after discovering the 351 Cleveland that is in the project truck is a big 4 bolt mains unit, and probably quite rebuildable, ) that I would sell it off to fund the rebuild. Probably just as well. I am not a fuel scientist and the intricacies of carburetors is totally lost upon me, so the thought of this thing going out of tune and having to mess with its timing was already messing with my head, and I hadn't even started it!

Anyway, good news, a guy from QLD wants it for his model T Ford project and I think it will really look at home in a Model T more so than the '56. 



It also hasn't escaped me to realise that two 450 Holleys on a little 302 is probably what you would call overkill, but hey, it looks sensational! 

Anyway, I sold it off last week and today, Getmyride picked it up. Was quite fun trying to stop it from sliding out of control and running down the driveway into his waiting truck, but Joe, myself and with the help of a passing neighbor, were able to avoid becoming the next YouTube disaster video. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...