Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Monday, August 1, 2022

D2AE-CA Ford 351 Cleveland

 

So, all that I know so far  is that the engine is most likely a true 351. I know it is a Cleveland, and these block numbers, although quite tantalizing, don't tell us a whole lot of information only that it is MOST LIKELY a 351C Boss or 351C CJ, HO with a  4 inch bore. But it doesn't necessarily mean it is has a 4 bolt mains, because the casting numbers for 4 bolt was the same as 2 bolt. Although the Ford gurus will tell you it is SUPPOSED to be a 4v. However, history tells us they used a lot of the same blocks for both engines, and 1972 appears (as this engine is a '72 due to the 2 on the second row) to be a fairly common year for D2AE-CA blocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...