Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Sunday, October 2, 2022

1956 f100 gauge differences

 Rifling through some parts,  found a box of bits in which contained two 56 instrument clusters.


Thing is this: both are obviously 56 instrument clusters, but the gauge layout is different. So, I suppose somewhere along the line someone changed the arrangement of the gauges. Anyone else struck this?

On the top cluster they are all gauges, but gauge 2 on the left says ch/dis which I am guessing is battery and yet gauge 4 is ammeter (I am assuming) as it has 0 10 30 reading on the gauge. Why have both? Gauge 1 is fuel and 4 is temp, so they are kinda normal.

However: the cluster below it has temp and fuel reversed and the middle two gauges are idiot lights. They look like factory items.


To cut a dreadfully long-winded question to size: is there a CORRECT line up of gauges? Not that it really matters.



I decided to pull the clusters apart as I wanted to change the top of the cluster bevel with a new chrome one, and discovered things were not as good as they seemed...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...