Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Monday, October 3, 2022

1956 f100 speedometer killer!

 Has anyone ever had this happen? Looks like the spring finally said I've had enough and just unsprung itself!

I was planning on just changing the top part of the gauge cluster over to a nice chrome piece when I discovered this!

Kinda changes things now a bit. The speedo needle thing is totally missing, so can only assume someone in the past must have been

messing around with it and ripped its guts apart.

I wasn't overly concerned because I was lucky enough to have a spare instrument cluster, but when I pulled it apart, found I was short-changed too!

This one at least had the speedo with its spring intact, but the poor little speedo needle has gone from a Big Mac to a Junior Burger! The orange rod has disappeared!

Nowhere to be seen. Somewhere along the line in this truck's history it must have belonged to a speedometer killer.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...