Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

1956 f100 window regulator arrive

I have quietly started gathering bits and pieces to complete as much as I can with what little I have so far. 

I did mention the other week I was planning on NOT using the two brand new electric window kits that came with the project. One was a Dolphin Ezywire kit and the other was a Spal kit. From what I can glean from the Spal kit, you have to use your existing regulator and this mechanism supplements it. I could be wrong, and to be frank, I am not interested.


Instead, gone back to the tried and true Armstrong Method of using your arm to wind the windows up and down. I know people think that is primitive but this is an old truck. 
Anyway, it doesn't matter what others think, I am using these regulators. 

For a language adjusted video of my dreadful frustrations of working with electric windows, have a look at this video on YouTube. 


I know they are old and crusty (like me), but, you know, they just work
Thanks to Greg for these regulators. They came up well after a bath and now just need a paint and some grease in the spring and they will be perfect. Had a bit of a fight with one of the cage bolts, but we came to an arrangement and eventually the bolt came out without me torching it, so all sweet! 
 
I hit it with a coat of cheap gold paint. Looks hilariously outrageous, so I think I will rub it back and do it again. This time, in good old matt black. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...