Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Sixty second review: Brian Darwas’ “This is Long Beach”

 I was trolling through a few free online streaming services looking for a show or a film clip that might help spark some inspiration for me to get interested in life again. My mood has been dire, so,  during a period of misery laced with boredom, I fell upon this outstanding documentary by Brian  Darwas. This is Long Beach was produced in 2013, but it matters little, as the documentary is timeless and utterly, dare I say, charming. Brian cares a lot about his subject matter and it shows in everything he does. I am a lucky owner of a couple of his other productions (a sweet sickness: the flathead movie, and the Devil at your feet) but I particularly enjoyed the way this documentary has been crafted and edited, perhaps even more so than his others. The music was a little toned down and never at any point did it detract from the viewers enjoyment I loved the footage of the hot rod chop, and I got to thinking, you just don’t see too many actual clips of guys taking a saw to the metal and creating something different and cool with this kind of honest detail. The documentary takes us through three generations of the Cavaliers hot rod club interviewing past and present members. Never boring and filmed in a relaxed atmosphere interspersed with snippets of rods in action, I highly recommend you hunt down a copy. 

Atomic Hot Rods


No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...