Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Found a great deal on a set of headlight buckets!

Guys, I have just found some rocking horse s**t, or something near enough to it; a set of brand new headlight buckets to suit the old tart. The set that came with the truck were ordinary to say the least. In fact one was completely and utterly rooted, to pardon my English/ Australian. Rusted right through with the thinnest wafer of metal holding it together. Well, I have since discovered that there is a pickup supplies shop up north whose name I will not mention rips people off to the tune of making over 100% profit on everything they sell, and sadly, if you need stuff, there is not a lot of options. Well, guys, I have found a couple of gems! 2 brand new 1956 Headlight buckets for less than half the price these other mob are charging.

One thing I learnt along the way was that the 1953-55 buckets differ from the '56 in a couple of ways. I believe the '56 may have one extra spring mount and a quick way to spot the difference is you will notice in the '56, there is no curved edge of the face of the bucket. Have a gander. 

  This is a 1953-1955 F100 headlight bucket. Notice around the edge of the bucket, the lip is turned up. You don't have that lip on a '56. 

This is the '56 version. 
1956.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...