Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Rob to the rescue!

 Rob came over and hit the front panel hard. Brought a cool spot welding drill bit with him and that did wonders. He also managed to figure out how to fix my wife's silly beetle boot cover and between the three of us got it clipped in in under 20 minutes. We had to actually take everything out and fit the big panel last. Never would have imagined that, but that is modern cars for you. 

Anyway, Rob got struck right into the front cab corner and made a big start on the thing. It is not an easy undertaking that is for certain. I never would have tackled it myself, but Rob has inspired me. 



The hardest ones are those in the inside of the cabin. How you get to these without removing the dash is beyond me.  Fortunately, the dash was already out. Rob did the ones on the outside and I had a crack at the ones on the inside. You see that big hole in the metal at 1 oclock? Yep, that's my effort there...right through the metal. I also did these ones you see here with three in a row and then realised I didn't need to do those. I only needed to drill out the spot welds further up, because this panel actually stays where it is. 

Rob's handiwork. Fun fun fun! Good news! there's another side!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...