Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

This sump has me stumped

"Wanna take a baaaath?" (Pink Floyd The Wall lp)  So, what have I got here? Just started pulling the motor down and discovered this sump has what appears to be provisions for a dipstick. I thought only Windsor engines had these.

So, I had to go back out and double check that I actually have a Cleveland engine and not a Windsor. Sure enough, it appears to be a Cleveland as the water neck is vertical off the block and my rocker covers are 8 bolt. 

So, what do I have? A Cleveland with an oil dipstick. Why aren't aftermarket ones fitted with them and how do they check the oil?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...