Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Ranex Rustbuster on the fifty six cabin floor

 A couple of before and during shots of Ranex Rustbuster slowly working on the cabin floor of the old girl. Not much has been going on this week as it has been too damned hot over 38 degrees the other day and 34 the next and I think it cracked 30 again today. Tomorrow it's a bit cooler but I am back at work for a couple of days. 




I managed to grab a cheap engine crane from a guy in town for the princely sum of fifty bucks. He even delivered it with his son and carried it to the garage for me. How can I complain about that?  The plan next week it to get the engine to PK head reconditioning and get the boys down there to check its condition out. I really don't know a lot about engines, so no point in me stumbling around like an idiot. I do that well enough most of the time, anyway. 

Looking like a hive of activity around the truck, but the reality is not much yet. 


I was amazed at how well a mildly rusty strip of steel came out after soaking it in vinegar for two days. It came out like a new piece of steel. Check out my video here 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...