Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Ford XD diff for the F100

 Have just managed to remove the wooden box that the previous owner used to pack the parts in for the big haul from Victoria to NSW and here is the first peek at what is under the rear end.

The guy I bought it off says its an XD Ford Falcon rear end from the early 80's. I'm thinking it is a Borg Warner LSD on account of a tag saying Slip Resistant Diff 2.72 ratio. A fair bit of work has gone into fitting it up.

The thing that concerns me is that it appears wider than factory and and wondering whether this custom work is going to be poking out of the new bed that I have yet to order? I guess the good thing is the chassis looks to be in excellent health.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...