Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Got dem old Cab Corner blues

 Well,  I am up to my fifth welding guy. Four have promised me the earth and have given me the moon. And I don't mean the moon up in the sky. I mean the moon you get when someone bares their arse at you in contempt. Four miserable souls looking for a purpose in life and have nothing better to do than make promises they cannot keep. 

But all is not doom and gloom because out of the horde of idiots, I have found a really helpful guy. And it was so unexpected. He has provided encouragement right from the start and to Rob, I owe a huge debt of gratitude. It was Rob who told me to hurry up and get into things and it was Rob who made such a great start on the front cab corner. 

I now have it virtually ready for welding in.

The other side is a different proposition and I have had a good go at removing it. Sure, it wasn't a pretty sight, and I am still working on it, but the other cab corner is nearly out. Bad news is, there is plenty of rust on this side, and this is the worst of it. 

Hard to imagine that is a salvageable part. Better check out the video to see how it came to this! 


There is a big video of my adventures here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lim62AXEaeQ


And here is the current state of the truck 


This week I hope to get that other cab front completely ready for welding and put some 2k on the roof. I am also working on stripping the bonnet and doors and hitting them with 2k as well. So, quite a busy couple of days ahead. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...