Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Never realised I had a King Dick

 Didn't realise I'd been holding onto a King Dick all these years. The old spanner was rusted to hell and I chucked it in a tub of vinegar and when I pulled it out, realised I had a King Dick! Well! That made me feel good!


Never heard of the brand, but after Googling it, now I know more about the brand. British made, and I that explains the Whitworth spanner. which I have no idea how I ended up with it. 


The other thing that made me feel good was Rob coming over for a chat and helping me get stuck into removing the cab front corner. Well, not exactly helping ME, Rob did the whole damned thing on his own while I just looked on. I kinda felt bad about it, but Rob was enjoying getting into the action, and why would I want to stop him? Rob has really inspired me to keep persisting with this project despite numerous setbacks, and it's work like this that really makes me want to keep pushing on...

Looks great now that hideous side panel has been removed. Bit scarier tho! There was some hidden rust at the bottom as you can see that is gonna need plating, but it was expected. Overall, not too shocking.

The other thing I sorted out was the mystery of the extra sump that came with the project. The extra sump is actually the right sump for the engine as it is a Bronco sump and the engine is a Bronco engine on account (as I am informed) of the different oil pickup arrangement on this engine) 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...