Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Sunday, July 23, 2023

More steady progress while I wait for Mark the welding guy

 Trying to get as much done as I can before Mark gets back. So far have more or less stripped virtually every particle of paint from the dashboard. Has taken quite a number of hours to get to this stage, but about as far as I can go now. Probably just needs a bit of a go over with the sander and should be good.


Playing around with the tilt hood kit. I think the crucial part is making sure both sides are evenly distanced from each other.  See there is some damage here from the old hinges that needs cleaning up still.

Action Shot! Marked out where the bolts were supposed to fit and trimmed this area bit by bit. Didn't want to make a meal of it and cut too much meat from the bonnet. 



Bead blasting some of the tricky areas in the dash.





Another coat of paint stripper and then left it dry for several days before hitting it with the wire wheel


Not the best photo but it is coming along well.


Hitting the cab hard today with stripper and my trusty ancient paint tool. Had some good results with PolyStripper, but have run out so will be ordering another four litres of Cam Stripper. Tomorrow I plan to hit the chassis hard and give it a good coat of KBS Rust Seal. Also planning on painting the insides of the doors as well. Stay tuned! More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...