Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Decided to hit the chassis with KBS Rust Seal instead of 2k

 Mark was adament that 2k primer was a much better option and I am sure it is, but I was keen to wrap up any further work on the chassis as I had already given it a good going over with the plastic seaweed wheel and wire wheel. Sometimes you just want a conclusion to a long. drawn out situation, and KBS Rust Seal over the chassis is not a bad option. It's American equivalent would probably be POR-15. I have used KBS before with good results and am very happy with the way the chassis came out. This is a budget build and I thought this was the best option for me

The other news this month is Mark is coming back this weekend to do the plating on the front end. Can't wait! 

The tub should arrive in the next couple of weeks and I am putting money down on a set of steel front fenders as I have sold off those terrible fibreglass front fenders and good riddance to them. 

Also looking at parting ways with the Cragars or at least the rears and getting a set of Ford stud pattern Cragars to match. Might be better off flogging these off and buying a new set entirely? 








 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...