Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Blinker assembly on the f100

 Doing a dummy fit of the new indicator housing assembly on the new stone guard of the F100. Aftermarket parts being what they are, a perfect fit was never going to be on the cards. Bit in truth, these parts never really did fit that neat from the factory. To me, the indicator housings were always a bit of a "stick in on somewhere there and it will be fine" kinda thing from the factory. I managed to put them together on a dark and stormy day at home in the back room. Let me point out a few differences.

The part says 252-1956 but underneath says park light frame 55. Does that mean it is a 55 of 56? Does it really matter? Maybe not. Here is another curiosity. 

The unit on the left was what came with the truck in a box. Well, to be honest, it could have come off anything. The new one came in a box of new stuff that Garry purchased. See the difference in the frame surrounding the light? Interestingly, the holes in the original lined up with my new stone guard panel, whereas this new one did not. So I had to drill new holes to suit. Not a big deal. 
Another funny thing I noticed was one set of these blinker units had phillips head screws and the other had flat head screw. Maybe they ran out of one or the other during assembly? 





The old one's were a perfect fit into the panel. The new, not so.

You get a better idea of the difference in design here.

They came up well in the end. The panda was happy, anyway! 

Dunked the old ones in a tub of vinegar. I'll show you how the come out tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...