Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Saturday, December 30, 2023

quick comparison of new and old indicator lenses

 The box said it came from MidFifty, and the serial number checked out as a  '56. But it nowhere near fits as well as the original when lined up on that lower tray, which in itself supposed to be a '56 part. Anyway, this is what happens when one aftermarket part meets another one. To be fair, at the end of the day I am lucky to have these parts. Lucky enough to be able to afford them. The alternative was a beaten up rusted out panel that I could never have straightened in a million fricken years. 

What is curious about all this, apart from them not fitting as well as the originals, is the top design. Just look at the difference here. This made me think I have a different model, say a 55 or something.? Dunno...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...