Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Thursday, February 1, 2024

X Piggy to the rescue for upper seat mounts

 Now that Midfifty is selling up, the chances of me securing a righteous set of these upper shoulder seatbelt mounts is pretty slim; not to mention the cost of them by the time they arrive on this shore. 

pic from Midfifty website

pic from Midfifty website


I had a set for my '54, and can vouch for their excellence, but the shipping charges this company hit you with were always high, and now they are absurd. I was quoted $6000 to ship a set of front fenders for instance. 

Anyway, I was grateful for Midfifty for what I did purchase back in the day. They certainly helped me out when I was working on ol' Dorothy. 

This time around, however, I have had to source a local guy to make up the mounts for me.

Once again I called on the services of X Piggy fabrications. Brendan came to the party once more and made up a nice set of mounts for me and welded in a couple of 7/16 UNF Weld-In Inserts that I bought from Maximum Motorsports in WA. Picking them up next week to see how they fit. Should be good to go! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...