Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Car event at Reddall Parade Lake Illawarra Feb 4th 2024

 Apparently, every couple of months these guys and girls get their cars out of the garage and drive down to Lake Illawarra to do the thing that car enthusiasts do best: talk cars! And I am just gonna let the cars do the talking while you check out a small sample of what was on display. A bit lucky we were as we had just gone down to the foreshore for our regular one hour walk by the lake, and by the time we go back to our car, the parking area was full of these things! 


My wife doesn't really get it when I say things like "this car excites me more than any show car." I think it is because it excites the imagination and tells us a little bit of a story of it's journey along the way. 


The new and the old Mustang together. I know which one I like! What about you? 


Okay, I don't mind beetles, but my wife absolutely loves them, so she insisted I take heaps of photos of this beetle. Sure, it looked authentic and all, but does it get my blood flowing?


Nup, not as much as a very nice XB Falcon coupe that looked very original. Dunno what happened to the headlights?


I think there is a ton of custom work going on here. I just can't put my finger on what sort of car it is. Anglia? 


We (my wife and I) both agreed this stunning Camaro was allowed to follow us home if it wanted to. Alas, the owner wouldn't let it. Clean paint and beautiful lines. Win/ win all day.  Couple of nice Torana's next to it which I missed snapping as I was right in the middle of the road and people were hussling through. 


What did I tell you? I said my wife loves beetles... Here's the same beetle from another angle. 


I'll bee honest and say I dunno what is going on here. A bearded four legged bee? 





I'm assuming this driver has a blue disabled sticker! The car looked very able. 


Someone else hogging the disability parking area. Great looking XP Coupe. There were a couple of them on display. 





Photogenic little buggers, those Corvettes!  Nice Monaro across the road. Just missed getting it in the photo. 


Half the car was parked in Lake Illawarra, the other half in Warilla. 


Right across the road sat a beautiful pearl Chevy and a very clean XP Ford. I was too lazy to cross the road for a closer look. 





This one was for sale. Under $40k Looked beautiful. A couple of people took photos so maybe it now has a new owner. My wife delicately pointed out the fact that I could have been driving around in a car like this instead of my mangled nightmare inside the garage. Women sure know how to kick a guy in the guts. 



An hour before there was just one car...ours, and a couple of pelicans. Couple of RX2 Rotaries came down for the drive. Keeping company with three Holdens.


Oh, god no! Another bloody beetle! Of course I had to take ten photos of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...