Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. Stick around...things could get ugly!

Monday, April 15, 2024

Not the dark side of the moon

 Not the dark side of the moon. Just a neat patch panel that took me flippin hours to shape into place. Was worth it in the end as it welded up fine. It did dip a smidge during the welding as I probably went too quickly welding it, but should be fine with a thin smear of filler. 

Other thing I did was spend some time on the seatbelt mounts, but they're not coming together so well. Might have to scrap and start again. 

Squirted a bit of Ford blue on the tranny. Came up nice enough for me. 




Hot off the press and almost ready are these righteous engine mounts that Blake has fabricated for me. They look super solid and are ten times better than the flimsy kiddy mounts that came with the Tuff Mount kit I bought recently. Just to refresh your memory Tuff Mounts make a universal mount to suit the Cleveland into just about anything...except for a 56 F100. 

When I pick them up off Blake tomorrow, I will give you a better look at them. The plate at the top is for extra reinforcement. Gotta be happy with that! I suppose my only concern is whether the headers are gonna hit these mounts. 

If you are thinking they are way too long, you are right. Blake made them longer than needed but trimming them wouldn't be too complicated. Seems a shame to cut these plasma cut beauties! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

small improvements to that pesky door

 I spent quite a few hours farting around with the hinges and cab front and so on just to get it to this stage. I think the way to do this i...