Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. Stick around...things could get ugly!

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Duct season! Blam!

You can clearly see the ducks aren't even happy about it! 


 So, here's something for you to mull over while you are sipping your favourite beverage: why is it that the aftermarket sells 1956 F100 ducts that are leftward leaning and not designed to accommodate a more centred approach? Of course, the other thing is; does it even matter? Probably not, in the end.

I bought a set of heater ducts for the old tart last month from Autoware. Yes, sir, I buy a lot of stuff from these guys as their prices are quite fair, and they always seem to do that little bit extra to help you. 

Anyway, two ducts turned up. Immediately I thought the silly buggers have sent me two left (or right) sided ducts, and not one each side. 



A quick scrounge on Goober yielded no firm results on the existence of a left and right side duct. That is; the aftermarket only make one side.

Why is that?

I searched for other models and found a set for a 1957 F100 with both left and right, but NOTHING for the '56. So what gives?

The only thing is just go ahead and fit them up (which I haven't done yet, so I might just be having a dummy spit about nothing in particular), but I am suspecting there is gonna be an awful lot of rubber hose circulating under that dash and around the wiring and so forth needlessly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

small improvements to that pesky door

 I spent quite a few hours farting around with the hinges and cab front and so on just to get it to this stage. I think the way to do this i...