Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. Stick around...things could get ugly!

Friday, July 26, 2024

Is this the end of the road?

Well, I have pretty much exhausted all my options. I'm not the kind of guy who has a lot of friends around him. In fact, you could quite accurately call me a lone wolf kinda guy.  Not for any particular reason, but it just seems to be that way and has been most of my life. 


But there comes a time when we all need a bit of a helping hand, and right now, I am kinda thinking I have exhausted all my avenues. The final straw came today when a guy I had been communicating with for about three weeks was scheduled to come down to help. Well, the difference between the bullshit talkers and the real workers occurs when you lay it on the line and say you need their help now, so put down your phone and come and help. Shit, I was offering him what he asked; ie fifty bucks an hour. 

But, no show.

I had a guy turn up here two weeks before, and he was so full of attitude and aggression, I immediately went on the defence. No way this bastard was going to get anywhere near the truck.


Christ, we've already gone through the ordeal of David McC*** and his Surreal Custom experience. 

I've already lost thousands due to him. 

And now I have an engine in a workshop and they never bother replying. Ten weeks later!

Am I getting pissed off about nothing?

Maybe, but I am totally over this truck and totally over getting stuffed around by bastards.

My last bastion of hope lies in a smash repair shop down south. I sent them some photos and a story and hoping these guys can work some magic.

Will I be here beyond this?

Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making a decision on the accelerator / gas pedal

 Some years ago when I had Dorothy, my 1954 Ford F100, I opted for a Lokar pedal at great expense. It was a fiddly thing to install, but in ...