Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. Stick around...things could get ugly!

Monday, August 5, 2024

 



So, just when things started to look like they weren't getting anywhere fast, I was lucky enough to find a guy who is a panel beater and spray painter who said he was happy to take the truck to the next level and get it tidied and painted. He won't be able to start for a few weeks, but I don't mind that as I want to get stuff finalised and at least bolted on and fitted before he takes it away. He advised that I should try to line up all the panels and have them fit neatly before he begins tidying up the panels. It's still a very big job, but definitely not as intimidating as it once was. 

The other news is the engine rebuild should get underway this week. Peter has again reiterated his desire to stroke the engine to a 408. His argument is, since I have gone roller rockers and alloy heads, I might as well make it worth the while and stroke it. He reassured me it was only going to be another couple of grand over and above what I am already committed to. 

Initially, I wasn't that fussed. This was never going to be a speed machine, so why put all that money into a powerful engine when all I will be doing is cruising down to the lake for fish and chips every weekend?  Peter's opinion is that it will be no burden to carry, and if I ever need that extra power to get past trucks etc, I will have it on tap. 

We're still thinking of using the Holley Sniper EFI setup.

I've got a feeling this project is gonna go ballistic!

The other thing is we have decided not to go with black cherry paint and go with a straighter colour. Something like a dark blue. 

Something like this:


Stay tuned guys. We're hanging in there and we hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well what a difference a month makes!

 Well, what a difference 4 weeks make. 4 weeks later...The builder came down and had a good long look at the project. He said his workspace ...