Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Taking stock of the situation and facing reality

 Well, as they say, anything is possible, it depends upon how much talent you possess or how deep your pockets are. I can tell you I have no talent and my pockets aren't that deep, so we have a bit of a dilemma. Bottom line is the truck wasn't quite as good as I was hoping, but even so, I knew it was gonna cost a lot to get it on the road considering I no longer have the room nor the ability (if I EVER did) to get stuck in and do most of the work.  Just one look at the body convinced me that this project was way out of my league. 

Here' is an example of some very dodgy "repairs".

The entire louvered panel has been chopped right out. I nearly had a kitten when I saw this, but fortunately a replacement panel is not expensive and was actually included in the purchase. This panel originally had a heater vent here. I quite liked it, but now it's gonaroonies. 








Not much to salvage here. The entire replacement panel will take care of this. 

Hey, quick question! What is wrong with this mod? No second guesses. 


Check out the custom bed! Might catch on! The tailgate has been badly butchered. 


A bed full of goodies. Sadly, most of the stuff is dog meat. There's a radiator shroud that might be salvageable and apart from the new panel you can see and some pedals, most is junk. I have ordered two new inner fender panels as the others were stuffed. Brake master cylinder was a throwaway item. 


Bit hard to see what is going on here. I can tell you it has a crappy steering column and matching crappy wheel. Seats are possibly out of a Pajero and appear to be quite nice, but I will be sourcing a nice bench seat when I find one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...