Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Piecing together my Hurst Shifter

 Well, it came in about ten pieces in different boxes and slowly I have been able to gather what I think are the pieces for the shifter.

I have since learned that it is probably a V-matic 2 Hurst shifter. I was able to source an instruction manual for it and download it and from there was able to piece together the missing parts. This is what I have come up with so far. I have found the plastic base and was lucky enough to find the little clear plastic gear indicating tab that people on eBay are asking almost fifty dollars each for!! You cannot be serious! But no, I am. 

Seems like most things are there. I didn't find a neutral safety switch, but did find the cable. Looks like I am missing the little swivel fitting that runs off the transmission linkages, but have found one on eBay. So far pretty excited. If I can get this unit together that will save me a wad of money.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...