Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Annabel's seat stripped Rainexed and stored

 Stored until time for Peter to reupholster the thing that is.

It was very rusty that old Dodge seat. I hit it hard with the wire brush and then high pressure washed it and then hit it with Rainex and then a couple of coats of cheap black paint from the two dollar shop. 

It won't win any awards for the neatest job in the world, but it's not like anyone is gonna see it. Springs seem okay and the frame is still good. Just heavy rust, If it had been much worse I would definitely have needed to bin it. 


Notice how black the metal went compared to the other half of the seat which I have yet to do. 


Action shot! I love action shots! Don't see enough of them! This is me actually doing something! I love the smell of phosphoric acid in the morning! 

Other things? Well, thanks for asking! 

Been cleaning up a few parts. Here are those side plate things that support the guards and sit behind the grille.  Before and after


Oh my god! Don't tell my wife I used her clothesline for drying car parts. My ass is grass already! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...