Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Work has begun slowly on Annabel starting with the stinky seats

I guess you could say work has been tentative.

I am presently writing out an appeal against the NCAT orders and if I am successful we'll see what happens then. For the moment, I am just trying to fathom how a low grade dog can suck the court of arbitration in so effortlessly and make me out the ass. 

So, while we are on the subject of getting screwed, here's a nice lead-in to my latest effort

cleaning out the rusted threads in the radiator housing. 

The old Dodge bench seat I bought for the truck ages ago is a stinky old thing full of rat's pee and poop and all sorts of dead things, so, the only thing I could do was rip the stuffing out of it and turf the stinky stuff. It was so bad it was wafting through the garage into the house.


super rusty and super stinky. It was a tough session cleaning this stuff off. Took hours to wire brush too. 



Pepe la pew! Man, did that seat reek. It's covered in significant rust. Everything is rusty, but at least the springs are still sold. Just heavy surface rust. Any worse and this seat was heading for the recycling center. 


upon investigation, have found a seriously crappy section here. This is gonna need some serious skills to fix. I can't show you a better pic as the truck is hard up against a brick wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...