Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

A rare view of Mars?

 Nah, it's just the top of the old truck!  But if you stare hard enough and zoom in, you could almost mistake the roof for the surface of some faraway planet. Well, the project is far enough away from me as it is, thanks.

This is the result of soaking the roof for about one week in white vinegar. It did a sterling job, but there are still stubborn areas. I re-did it the other day and hit it hard with a wire brush and sander with 180 grit but there are some patches of rust that are refusing to budge. 

Someone told me on Facebook the other day that I should try some gel. I don't think he was talking about on my hair as it's about twenty years too late for that, but, I think he means something like this Metal Rescue stuff. I found some on the Repco website so I will be checking that out tomorrow. 

I have also ordered some Raptor 2k epoxy primer and once the roof is ready, will be hitting that with a mini roller and then hopefully forgetting about it until painting stage which will likely be many years away. 

Still waiting on the welding guy to make a date, and am pretty keen to get things underway there. 

Still uncertain about which way to go with the engine, but want to get the body in shape first.


She's just a mess at the moment, that poor old Clevo! I feel sorry for the thing! But I did buy an engine stand and crane and plan to put it on the stand and maybe tear it down and see what we have. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...