Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Think I have finally worked out the neutral safety switch on Hurst V matic 2 shifter

 I think I have finally nutted out how the neutral safety switch works on the Hurst V Matic 2 shifter. 

Here is (I believe) the correct neutral safety switch for the shifter. I can't seem to find one of these anywhere in the country, and I can't find a supplier from the USA who is willing to sell me one. Go figure that out?

Anyway, undeterred, I am determined to get this shifter working one way or another. I think I finally understand how the switch works, as I was never sure I had the complete shifter. It arrived with the truck in several parts and took quite a while to piece together. What was missing was this switch. (Which I still haven't got)

What confused me was how it worked, but I think I have finally got it sorted.

Here is a photo of my shifter and a couple of arrows in yellow point to where there are raised sections on the shifter. If this switch is mounted to the side of the shifter with the raised nodes on the switch, then I can sort of see how it would work.

 2/4/23 ** Yeah, so like the DILL that I am. The bracket arrangement is ALREADY there! and ALL I need are two neutral safety switches and I am cooking with gas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...