Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Friday, March 31, 2023

Ford Bronco engine it seems

 I had a mechanic, a very knowledgeable Ford mechanic duck down and have a look at the engine to ascertain whether it's worth continuing on with or to dump. The mechanic, (let's call him Phil) says there is a little question mark over one of the bores but should be okay. The rest will hone out alright. He is preparing a quote for me soon. Plan is for a mild rebuild, stage 2 cam, something with a bit of poke. Phil also said the heads will be okay once they get a service. He said they already have 4v flat top valves and new springs and should be good. 

One thing I noticed when I ripped the sump off the other day was this bolt protruding through the piston  rod. Phil noticed this and said he thought it was because the engine came from a Bronco, and asked me whether it had a Bronco sump. I said it did come with another sump and when I showed him he said yes that's the one. 

You can clearly see that "one bad stud" poking down there. No, this is not something from an Alien movie. It is the under side of the engine showing the crankshaft. Phil tells me it's perfectly normal... for a Bronco engine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...