Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Presslite wiper motor probably cactus el rootus

 Aussie made Presslite wiper motor came with the bits in the truck. It was in a very, I say VERY sad state when it turned up and I didn't even bother pulling it down to check it out because I knew it was totally cactus el rootus (whatever that means- but you get the drift).

So it sat on the shelf for a while until I decided in a fit of boredom (while waiting for SOMEBODY to come and help weld these panels up) to pull it down and check it out. 

First off, the drive seemed pretty healthy. I even had the feeling that this unit might just fire up and start if what I was seeing was any indication of the rest of the motor. I even slipped a bit of blue lube grease in there to make it happy looking. 

First indication things weren't so good once I pulled the drive cover off, but nothing that couldn't be cleaned up, so I got the cover looking all schmicko and then had a look at the drive mechanism.


Once I removed all the rust and crud out of there, I slipped a film of grease over the whole shooting match just to sexy it up. Sofa so good! Maybe the rest of the unit was half decent?

Alas, things went belly up real quick once I pulled the casing apart. It was rusted and worn out beyond repair, certainly beyond my ability anyway, and I think most people's



 I think the best I can do is toss this in the bin and salvage the wiper mount bracket. Maybe just put it all back together and keep it as garage art? Meh, what's the point? I am not one of those guys who keeps shit just for the hell of it, or to clutter up the garage. In my life everything has to serve a purpose or its out of here. Although I do like the shape of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...