Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Rustbuster results 1956 f100

 Well, the verdict is still a bit hung when it comes to the rust busting products. I am sure they work to a certain degree, but I think they are somewhat beneficial especially if you paint over the metal as soon as its dry to prevent the metal re rusting, which it will do eventually, I was advised not to let the rustbuster settle on the metal for very long as it creates pitting and continually eats at the metal, but I left it for a couple of days and then painted over it with KBS Rust Seal to really give it the best treatment I could.

Here's a picture after the Ranex Rustbuster has settled. 


That milky section is because I spilt some vinegar on the floor. No harm done. 

You can see more of the cabin's final result with the Rust Seal here





No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...