Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Friday, April 7, 2023

The wonders of white vinegar on rusty metal

 I am constantly amazed at how well white vinegar gets rid of rust. 

I recently learned that a weird plate I found in the truck belongs to the ashtray. It is the actual sliding mechanism for the ashtray. It was in poor condition, so off it went, into the vinegar bath for a couple of days. Here is the outcome! 



And this is what it looked like beforehand. 


I do have some reservations about the long term repercussions of leaving metal in the vinegar as I experienced the opposite effect with some nuts and bolts as I left them in there for over a week and the nuts and bolts started to go even rustier. Or so it seemed. Anyway, in this instance, this is a big win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...