Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Friday, June 2, 2023

New toy in the garage! Shogun Air Compressor

 Mark was talking with me the other day when he brought some steel down to start the job and he mentioned that an air compressor would be a very useful bit of equipment to have around the place. Since it was gonna make his life a little easier as well as mine when working on the truck, I lashed out and bought one. 

Having absolutely no idea what to buy, AND working to a very tight budget thanks to being ripped off by that dog's breath of a custom workshop in town, I was happy to learn the one Mark recommended was wallet friendly. He said a guy he knows bought one and is happy with it. Looking at the reviews, it appears to be a bit hit and miss, with a few folks saying it's junk and a few others saying it works fine. 

Anyway, I coughed up and bought the Shogun Air Compressor 70L 3.5HP Electric Inflator Pump Tank Direct Drive 289L/M. It looks pretty in orange, and that is about all I know. Mark tells me 70 litres is a good size and the other specs of the machine are respectable. It is also portable, and that has to be a good thing. 


So, now, I guess I just have to learn what I can do with it. The good thing is, I can buy some new tools, and isn't that what life is all about? First thing I had to buy was a hose. Then, I suppose, something useful to connect to the end of the hose that does things (don't you love my high tech descriptions of stuff?)  Should be here next week, and that will coincide with Mark's return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...