Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Saturday, June 10, 2023

New Tub from Mar-K coming in!

 Nothing much happening with the cabin at this stage, but I am always hopeful. In the meantime I have been spending up on a few essential pieces, particularly the Mar-K tub for the  '56. There was a guy in South Australia who used to make them, but he has since retired, and this kit is the next best thing. Having said that, it should be fine. It comes in panels ready to assemble, sans tailgate. However, Rob is still working hard on the tailgate and I think it is coming together very well. $4000 delivered to my door, so I can't really go past this deal. 

Other things I have purchased have been the reinforcement plates for the front cab corners. Wasn't going to bother with them, but then decided it was best that I do for added strength, and a good thing I did as it would be quite a weak point when it comes time to bolting the front fender up to the cab front. 

I also coughed up and bought the lower rocker panel for the right hand side as about 20 percent of it was totally shot. Not sure if Mark is going to use the entire panel or just cut the piece he needs. 

Mark (the panel beater) said he was on his way this week. His plan is to tackle the rear cab corner first and go from there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing some bench seat chopping! Hold onto yer hats!

 Well, after over a year, I finally turned my attention to the Dodge bench seat that I purchased for the truck. I never really felt it was a...