Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

When you get screwed by a dipstick

 Okay, this time I am not talking about that Butthole that runs that fake custom and fabrication shop in the Illawarra, this time I am talking about buying something that is advertised to suit a particular component, but clearly doesn't.

In all honesty, I should have done my homework a little better. Rolan, the supplier of said Ford screw in style dipstick, say that it suits (and I quote from their website) "Engine Oil Dip Stick Stainless Steel Flexible Ford 289-351 and 429-460 Screw-In Dipstick"

It clearly does not. I am in negotiation with Rolan to secure a return. But of course, the issue is, did I open the pack? Of course I opened the shitty plastic sealed wrap because how else are you going to check if it fits? Well, they say once you open it, you cannot return it. Well, isn't there such a thing as consumer rights and where does it say in the law that that thing cannot be returned if it has been opened?

I have bought plenty of things off Rolan in the past and they've always been pretty good to deal with. The test will come soon enough to see how decent they can be in returning something that says it will fit even though it just won't.

Here is my dilemma. I have a Bronco sump. Possibly old style. It needs a screw in dipstick like this one


I didn't see this picture until after I bought mine. And when mine turned up, it was this one



This, I learned much later, is only good for a Milodon sump, or some aftermarket types. 

Here is the website where I purchased it from 
Here is a side by side I fabbed up using Photoshop. The top one being the dipstick I need. The bottom one is the proflow unit. Quite a difference! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...