Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Friday, September 29, 2023

We have got to go back!

 OMFG!

I just had a look at the new 2024 Mustang. Sure, it doesn't look too bad, but it got me thinking about what we might have lost along the way...and I am thinking it has something to do with purity of design. It's a style thing. Sure, it is not about performance, nor economy, and perhaps a little less about sound as well.

For me, anyway, the overarching requirement of a motor vehicle has to be how easy on the eye it looks, and as far as the new Mustang goes, well, there's only one way to go, and that is back. If this is the future, then...

We have to go back!



But why stop there? Surely this applies to scores of vehicles, and I hasten to add own very own Annabel to this lot. 

Who could seriously suggest the last F100 had it all over the second generation truck? You won't get me queuing up any time soon for one of those 80's rust buckets!


Gotta say the other one that comes quickly to mind is the legendary Mazda Rotary. Now, sure, I'll take some liberty here and not go right back to that little toy thing they used to make called the R100 (or even those horrid looking RX3's and RX4's) Mazda made a pearler of car between the years of 1992 and 2002 when they created the sensational RX7 FD. Arguably the most beautiful Japanese car I have ever seen.

So, how could these guys get it so wrong when they came up with that RX8 monstrosity? 

Seriously, is there even one panel on the RX8 that looks like it belongs there? I don't think my father ever said these words, but some old guy must have muttered them in my ear once, and I'll use them now to say the RX8 looks uglier than a hatful of arseholes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...