Heavy Meddle 1956 Ford F100 Australia

Yes, folks, I'm back again with another F100 project! Can't wait to get stuck in! Hope you follow along if only for the laughs! Yes, that's right! We've got ourselves another truck to work on. It's a 1956 F100 and I can tell you it is gonna take a TON of work to get her up and running. So, as I used to say (and still do) stick around...things could get ugly!

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Cab floor gets a lick of KBS Rust Seal and work continues on the RHD dash conversion

 Spent a fair bit of time yesterday on welding up the inner cab corner on the old girl, and it came up okay, despite my crappy welding skills. Amazing what evils a lick of paint can cover. Despite that, it seems pretty solid and looks not too bad. A hell of a lot better than the mess it was in, 



Here's the cab floor. Hit it pretty hard with the wire wheel until I got sick of it. I was never gonna get every scrap of rusty metal off the floor, but I gave it a good going over. Here is the floor with a couple of KBS Rust Seal coats. Should be sweet now for many years. 

Work is progressing on the dash conversion slow and steadily. Was planning on farming it out to a shop, but was quoted $800 to do the job. Guess what I did? Decided to do it myself and pocket the cash to be spent on more interesting things...
Gradually working the LHS glovebox into place. Already it's a huge improvement over the old one. For more coverage on this conversion checkout my video's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smSV_Bw_DFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-YQA0S2zU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_E0jdcUWTk








No comments:

Post a Comment

Driver's door won't close. Significant alignment issues.

 This does not surprise me in the slightest.  I was expecting it when it came time to test fit the door after a very significant amount of n...